Ambleside Bed & Breakfast
Welcome to the Old Vicarage in Ambleside – more than just a bed and breakfast, located right in the heart of the Lake District, which has just been awarded ‘UNESCO World Heritage Site‘ status. As well as comfortable B&B accommodation, we’re the only bed and breakfast in Ambleside with its own swimming pool, hot tub and sauna. There’s also a pleasant guest lounge, small snooker table and an extensive terrace. This takes us beyond a standard Ambleside Guest House experience; more of an Ambleside Hotel experience!
TOP TEN Reasons to Stay at our Ambleside B&B:
* Prime position in Ambleside; A quiet location, 2 minutes to the town centre
* 15 Comfortable Bedrooms; Ranging from standard, through to suites
* Swimming Pool, Sauna and Hot Tub; Onsite with dressing gowns supplied
* Free Private Parking; For all guests
* Easy Access to the Fells; Perfect for those who love walking and want to leave the car!
* Free WiFi; Available in rooms and public areas
* Family Owned & Run; We’re friendly and happy to help wherever possible
* Outside Terrace; Relax with a book or bring a bottle of wine to enjoy
* Hearty and healthy Breakfasts; To set you up for the day ahead!
* Dogs Stay Free; Bring your pooch and we won’t charge extra
Swimming Pool & Terrace Repairs.
Note that from Thu 14th June for up to 3 weeks, the swimming pool and outside terrace area will be closed to undergo major repairs to ensure guest’s enjoyment in the future.
This work will not affect the main building at all, but should you have any queries regarding staying with us over this period, please call for an update on 015394 33364. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The bed and breakfast is located only 2 minutes walk from Ambleside town centre, wonderfully situated for trips to Grasmere, Windermere, Coniston and Keswick. If the Lake District landscape is your passion, there is easy access from the B&B onto the Lakeland fells and with a little effort you’ll enjoy stunning views down Lake Windermere or up into The Langdales. To make this even easier, why not park your car in our private car park and leave it there?
Our location in Ambleside makes it easy to walk to the pier for boat trips to Bowness-on-Windermere and Lakeside. If you fancy a drink or meal in the evening, it’s only a short walk from The Old Vicarage bed and breakfast to an array of Ambleside coffee shops, pubs and restaurants, all within easy reach. We hope you will enjoy your stay at The Old Vicarage B&B in Ambleside.
If you’re looking for a unique gift for friends or family, why not send them to us? Choose an amount of any denomination from £20 upwards and we will send you (or them) a Gift Voucher for the required amount. This can be redeemed against any stay at The Old Vicarage! Simply call us on 015394 33364 to arrange.